One of the questions we hear a lot is “What do day-of wedding coordinators do?” That’s why we have prepared a day of wedding coordinator duties checklist that gives just some examples of what wedding coordinators who specifically support a couple on the wedding day can be responsible for. Obviously, the full list of duties will always depend on the needs of the couple so there’s no one complete and comprehensive list of day of wedding coordination details.
Working with a day of wedding coordinator gives you access to wedding vendors and venues that you might never find on your own. That’s because a wedding coordinator will have relationships with quality professionals that you know you can trust. But that’s not the only reason to hire a day of wedding coordinator! This type of wedding coordinator will oversee the minute details of your special day so you can relax and enjoy every moment instead of worrying about what comes next.
- Preview the wedding and reception site
- Help with rehearsal direction
- Introduce you to trusted wedding vendors and venues
- Help organize and space the processional line-up
- Help with vendor negotiation
- Greet guests or instruct ushers on the best way to greet and seat
- Help pin on boutonnières and corsages
- Keep track of the marriage license, ketubah, ritual items, and rings
- Gathering up and distributing the ceremony items at the ceremony site
- Make sure set-up and décor for ceremony and reception is as requested
- Serve as the point person for every vendor (so couple doesn’t have to)
- Verify that things like favors and place cards receive proper placement
- Light the candles
- Confirm set up of the guest book, gift table, cake table, and rentals
- Direct events to keep the wedding flowing smoothly and on schedule
- Assist with guest management
- Determine who will be responsible for getting gifts from reception to final destination
- Respond to any last-minute emergencies or changes
- And be ready for anything!
The bottom line is this… Enjoying your ceremony, reception and all of the events surrounding the wedding is EASY when you work with a day of wedding coordinator. Shouldn’t you be able to have a beautiful, stress-free time on one of the biggest and best days of your life?